- Do you know there is a better way to run your company but you don’t know where to turn to figure it out?
- Do you have specific challenges but are unsure how to get to the actual root of the issue so you seem to fix problems but not actually solve them?
- Do you believe in the value of long term planning in your business but can’t find the time or resources to get a session organized?
- Do you create your product or service with strategic precision but say, “Oh well, for the rest of the company tasks, I’ll just do what I can?”
- You are being told to do things differently but you don’t even know how to do that or what that even means?
If you answered yes to any (or all) of these questions then you are in the right place! Sweetspot Strategies, Inc. is in the business of working with women business owners and entrepreneurs to help them FIND their sweetspot AND create a thriving business! We appreciate the unique talents female entrepreneurs have, especially for their specific craft. We also understand that most entrepreneurs are great at what they offer but not so great at actually running a successful business because they lack knowledge and interest in the various business functions required to create a flowing, productive company. You can’t do everything yourself and successful business owners know this. Your sweetspot is where you want to spend your time and energy!
Why you do what you do
You started your business because you could DO one thing really well and now you find that the dirty little secret about having your own business is that you actually have to know how to run a business. You don’t know what you don’t know so managing resources, addressing customer service issues, hiring qualified personnel, or integrating social media and Internet marketing into your business all sound like foreign languages, right? Even more frustrating, if you spend time learning all these things you won’t have time to do what you WANT to do. Major companies employ different people to do different tasks. Entrepreneurs often don’t even know all the tasks that are needed to be performed to run a business, and forget about making it a success! As a female entrepreneur, all you want to do is create your product or service at the best level possible. You want to continue to hone your craft so that nobody, and I mean nobody, does it better! In your mind, all this other stuff is simply a time drain and a passion killer.
How do you achieve that level of success that makes you excited to do what you love to do? You need to decide whether you’re going to learn the things you don’t know or outsource them to people who are as good at those things as you are with your craft. Without being a gazillionaire how do you do that? You start by understanding the foundational principles for running a business so you can determine the fastest way to implement money making steps that will set up your business for ongoing success. Believe it or not, it’s easier than you might think!
Currently, there are two ways to work with Sweetspot Strategies. The first is in a one-day live workshop and the second option is one on one.
Option 1 “5 Easy Pieces to Running a Sweet Business” Workshop
Give me just one day and I will change the way you think about your business FOREVER!
If you are a businesswoman or female entrepreneur who wants to take their business to the next level, I invite you to attend this daylong workshop on understanding what you need to create a thriving business. We meet live, network and role play and discuss the different functions of running a business. Most importantly, you learn how these various business areas connect and build off one another. At the end of the day, you’ll have learned tips and tools so you can identify and prioritize specific business challenges and, create strategic and tactical plans focused on growing your business to levels you never imagined!
Workshops are currently scheduled around the South Florida* area and include morning coffee, lunch and workbook. Cost is $295.00/per person.
* Ask me about coming to your area to conduct a workshop!
Option 2 “Sweetspot Sessions”
What are two essential business tools most entrepreneurs don’t use?
Napoleon Hill brought the mastermind session to the American business world. Borrowed from the Greeks, he believed that if you put enough business minds together to discuss their challenges relative to running a business you’d create successful business leaders. He was right! These small groups exist today because a local business community thrives when business owners work together to find solutions. It’s the attitude that two heads are better than one and three heads are better than two, etc.
Brainstorming is a process designed to elicit creative solutions to specific challenges. Alex Osborn, founder of the great advertising agency BBDO, realized that meetings were not conducive to identifying solutions to challenges. He developed rules for creative meetings and the brainstorm session was born. Today, brainstorming sessions are used at every level of corporate business but few entrepreneurs have opportunity or access to brainstorming techniques.
Sweetspot combines these essential business tools, brainstorming and masterminding, together to form an intensive strategy session with punch! We call it a “Sweetspot Session” because it addresses specific challenges and is focused on getting you, the business owner, to your own sweetspot in business. We gather entrepreneurs together with experts in their area of challenge to get to problem solving quickly. Our outcomes are defined strategies and focused tactics for your company’s unique and specific problem that is ready for immediate implementation in your business. At the end of a Sweetspot Session you know where to go, how to get there and key measurements for success.
How are we different from consultants or coaches?
We don’t go into your business and assess your problems and recommend solutions. We’re going to do this as a team because where you think your greatest challenge is, is always the best place to start. This is your company and we don’t want to change anything from a theoretical perspective. We want you and your team to tell us where you want to start because that is the area where you are most ready for change and being ready for change is the first step to accepting and incorporating it into your business.
Sweetspot will help identify the root cause of a various challenge because it may actually be something you didn’t even know. For instance, weak sales may not be caused by poor selling techniques but poor branding or marketing instead. If you look at a business you’ll see that various functions build off one another. Marketing efforts cannot be determined without proper branding. Sales efforts need strong marketing activities to engage prospects. Order flow and inventory management are critical to making customers happy. We can address several areas of business including, but not limited to, branding and graphic identity, marketing, sales, follow up, customer service or order flow, technology or even inventory management, and develop focused strategies and defined tactics so the areas in question can be addressed quickly and effectively. We can even work with you to determine whether various business functions should be managed in house or outsourced and if outsourced, provide recommendations on skilled local experts that can help your business going forward.
What exactly is a Sweetspot Session and what does it involve?
Offered as half day or full day events, Sweetspot Sessions, are formal, structured sessions led by experienced moderators where you bring your key influencers and decision makers and we assemble our team of experts that are specifically trained in your area(s) of challenge so that together, we can create custom solutions that your business can start implementing immediately.
- Our proprietary process starts with an assessment of your needs. Through a one on one session we will discuss your current business model and identify areas that you believe give you the greatest challenges. The key is to get to the root of the issue so that we can start in the right place and build from there! Our critical eye will be focused on things we can do immediately to start moving the sales needle because from there everything else flows.
- Together we will sequence your challenges and prioritize your needs into short term, midterm and long term issues. We will focus on areas where we can effect change quickly. This may be by improving internal operations to help move prospects into the sales process more quickly or, create targeted marketing to bring more qualified prospects into your sales funnel. The ultimate goal is to increase sales, whether it’s getting current customers to buy more or bringing new customers into your business.
- We then set a date and location for our Sweetspot Session and assemble a team that is best qualified to address your specific challenge(s). We will bring two or three people but no more. Too many people makes it difficult to run an effective session. We ask that you assemble your team and provide bios so we can disseminate a list of attendees prior to the session.
- On session day we come prepared with all meeting materials. Our day is structured for maximum productivity and effectiveness. We brainstorm and mastermind challenges (as time permits) but unlike a blue sky session, we start identifying programs that will work for your business so that your team has focused strategies and tactical solutions that you will be able to begin implementing immediately.
- A written transcript of the session is provided within three days of the session.
- Follow up one on one calls are conducted at two weeks, one month and three months to provide an accountability factor and afford us a chance to make adjustments as needed.
- For an additional fee, we can provide training on new programs, processes, etc. to help build consensus and reinforce strategies and tactics. The hardest part of this process is implementing changes into an existing organization.
- We also provide ongoing business support by way of tools, tips and access to future programs to keep you up to date on the latest and best business practices.
Who benefits most from this process?
This program is right for any entrepreneur who wants to build a successful business. If you know there is a better way, that there are things you simply don’t know about running a business, and you want to grow something big, then I hope you’ll consider a Sweetspot Session. Anyone can realize initial success but creating a thriving, enduring business is not as easy. It requires ongoing reflection and tweaks to strategies, tactics and business practices. If you’re doing everything you need to run a business, taking time that comes at a premium. A Sweetspot Session will bring out information that can be hard to find on your own so that you can better manage your business decision making. Can’t you do this yourself? Of course you can but will you? In between producing, branding, selling, servicing, buying and bookkeeping, will you find the time and the resources to schedule and organize strategy sessions that are effective? Can you bring your team together and stay focused on masterminding and brainstorming? Do you have access to outside resources that are trained in solving your challenges? A Sweetspot Session brings the experts to you. We bring the challenge to be focused on, to you. We even bring structure so the session stays on point to you. And, we feed the team to keep them there!